30.10.11

a perfect day

this past week at school, as a writing exercise, i asked the students to free-write about what their perfect day would look like. i was thinking about what my perfect day might look like... and lo and behold, it was realized yesterday.

we are on fall break and val is gone for the weekend. i have the flat all to myself and nothing to do. which is pretty glorious, if you ask me. yesterday i woke up late, around 10:00, feeling so happy. i'd had nice dreams, i was warm and the sun was shining. i got out of bed and stretched, and went to make a perfect cup of (real) coffee. i had my strawberry yogurt, drank my coffee and looked out of the window. the trees are in the peak of their autumn color, and the tree just outside of this flat is a deep, golden yellow... it is really beautiful. after my breakfast, i changed and stretched and went out for a run. i went to Anicka, a park nearby, and ran for nearly an hour. the trees were so beautiful and the run felt so good to my lazy body.

i came back to my flat and prepared a good lunch... i re-heated bean soup that i recently made (yes, i cooked!) and had fresh bread and dark chocolate. perfect. when i sat down to read, my friend olivier called me spontaneously and asked if i would want to go to the countryside with him. of course! so i got dressed and we went by car to lake ruzin. it was so beautiful. the drive was amazing. seriously, the trees are gorgeous. they are dark green, orange, yellow, brown, red... perfection. and the air was so cool and so crisp. we sat near the lake and had some coffee and then we went to a hill nearby to sit and enjoy the surroundings.

afterward, we came back to kosice and i had a quiet evening... reading and watching a documentary while knitting. i really don't know what the day was missing, it felt like everything my soul needed.

the rest of this holiday should be good as well. i just ordered some christmas gifts and am planning to go for some hummus and falafel in a few minutes. can't wait!

send me news!

No comments:

Post a Comment