13.2.12

last day as a garfield

this morning i am sitting at mcdonald's, along with a handful of retired old men talking about the Twins, waiting for my car to get fixed and trying to catch up on belated emails. today is the last day i have of freedom, my last day as a garfield... i will actually have to stay awake for at least ten hours a day from here on out. tomorrow i start my new job. to be honest, i am really nervous... mostly nervous that i won't like it. yesterday i moved back to minneapolis, more or less officially, and with the move came a host of doubts that i wasn't anticipating. i've realized how many friends i've lost over the last couple of years and how many people my age are married, engaged or pregnant. i miss my friends in kosice who all had mild to severe cases of Peter Pan syndrome.

until next time.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment